Monday, March 9, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire by mirooooooooooooooos :*

• What does the title mean? How does the title and the contrasts within it provide symbolic summary of the film?

The slums means like neighborhoods that are really poor so i guess slum dog means a guy or somebody really poor that comes from that place.The film is about Jamal an eighteen year old orphan that is playing in the show ''Who wants to be a millionaire?'' in India. Jamals answers are based on his own life experience and he migh become a millionaire at the end. This is symbolic because he is just a young man that has been living a rough life suffering and working hard for survival. I think the title is symbolic because non slumdog becomes a millionaire that easy.

• Early in the film we see the young Jamal dive into a latrine pit to steal a glimpse at a visiting movie star. How does his single-mindedness to see this movie star reveal his determination?

This scene where he jumps into a latrino pit and run over the movie star show us how much of a pasionate person Jamal is. He doesnt care if its nasty or smelly, he just jumps and run toward the star and that shows a lot os courage and determination.
What other examples do you see in the film of his determination?

I saw more of his determination when he tries to find Latika, his dream girl, the one he loves with all his heart and lost.


• In the film, the theme of destiny is a central theme. What does it mean that all Jamal desires is just out of his reach?
(The prized autograph, Latika, his brother, the answers, etc.)

I think that anybody can be like Jamal. We dont always have all we want, but for example he tried as much as he could. He took risks and thats what it counts because at the end he won Latika and that was actually what he only wanted.

3 comments:

  1. By: cynthiaBuelna de castellanos =)

    I don't agree with you miros. I think that we all have the capacity of riching our goals it depends on each persona. For example, I consider myself as very perseverance person because when I set my goals I do it having in mind that I will gain them someday. It is something very easy to do, we just need to have the courage of trying and trying until we get to it. I like being this way, i never give up in anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Jamal he was simple minded, and one exmaple was the autograph part, he wanted, he get it, and all throught the movie we see him wanting Latika, and at the end he gets her. Sometimes we just need to keep things simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think that he reashed what he wanted, for example he won the game, he also saw his brother again because he looke for him, and at the end of the movie he ended with Latika the person he tried to be with during all the movie. I think that Jamal could overpass his situation during the film and get what he whilmed.

    Lupita Monge

    ReplyDelete