Saturday, January 31, 2009

Outsourcing by cynthia buelna <3;*

Well as I was reading the article that I found, I realize that outsourcing could be good for the company and it can be bad for the customers. It is good for the company because by putting articles on outsourcing the only role that is important for anu company is to make more money! and because of this the use of help desks are often reduced to the level of call takers. So, when you make a call for support you can¡t resolve the problem in th first call, why? because the help desks servicers are just in there to answer phone calls, and customer service is taken out of the country on a regular basis and taken on by call centres in parts of the world where they have probably never seen the products they support nor do they understand the culture of the people who use them.So, as a conclusion we can identify whou are the ones who benefit with outsourcing (the company), and who are the ones that are hurt by outsourcing(customers) !!
I found my information in a published blog. This blog is from Jeff Dray, and he posted his personal opinion about outsourcing good vs. bad:
Yes, outsourcing can save money at a superficial level, but I don’t believe that it is an efficient way of solving problems and the hidden costs should be more than enough to persuade the powers that be that they should seriously consider going back to the old ways.
So this is his opinion in which I agree with him.
My personal opinion is that outsourcing could be good but in depends on the way the company is managing it. If any company is going to use this source , it should use it in a good way because the only persons that are going to recquired it are going to be the customers. The good service is very important to attract more people to their services but if we are going be having trouble every time we want to use the service line, I prefer not even to involucrate myself with that company. So they should take it for real, that call centers are very important and the person who work in their should know for what they are working and should know what the product is about, they should be informed of everything that the work involves.
http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/helpdesk/?p=176

2 comments:

  1. I don't really agree with you, because if they are giving as bad service as you said, they would lose clients and that would afect the company economy, and it affect the company economy, well they would do it. I didn't understand very much what jeff Dray tried to said, but I really think that if he had a company and he sees that if he use outsourcing he will save thousand of dollars or even millions of dollars, he will certainly use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also don't really agree with most of your points of you, but I also agree with some of them. I agree with what Daniel commented you. I agree that it is good for the company but I dont think is bad for the custumers. Companies use new techniques to produce less money while they make their products, but this doesn't mean this will affect us, it even benefits us giving us jobs and they also improve their products by outsourcing. I also agree that they should manage it in a way that benefits them but also the custumers.

    ReplyDelete